Steps to disable or manage the guest access feature
The majority of Linksys wifi routers use 192.168.1.1 Linksys IP address. The role of IP address is to identify the host and keep track of its location. With the help of the default 192.168.1.1 Linksys IP address, you can configure or modify many settings of your router. One vital configuration that you can execute with the help of IP address is disabling the guest access feature. To disable the Linksys guest access feature, you need to reach the web-based setup page of the Linksys wireless router. This feature can also be disabled or enabled with the help of Linksys Connect Software. Users who want to access the router’s web-based setup page can also execute the guest access feature by Linksys. In this post, we will discuss how to enable or manage the Linksys guest access feature. Before we jump on to the steps to disable or manage the guest access feature, let us tell you that only update Linksys router models can enjoy this feature.
Linksys guest access feature – steps to disable
- First of all, you need to log into the Linksys wifi router using 192.168.1.1 Linksys IP address.You can also enter the default web address myrouter.local into the browser to reach the web-based setup page.
- As you are redirected to the myrouter local login page, you will see the page asking you to enter the username and password.
- Once you enter the credentials into their respective fields, click Login or Submit.
- You will reach the web-based setup page of the Linksys wifi router.
- Click on the Wireless tab and then click on the sub-tab named Guest Access.
- If you are unable to find this tab, it means it is unavailable for your router model.
- You can also set up the Linksys guest access feature using the Linksys Connect software.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to disable or manage the guest access feature of your router. You can also contact us or chat with us to manage the guest access feature.
- Click on the Save button to save all the settings on your wifi router.
So this post was all about the steps to disable or manage the Linksys guest access feature on your wifi router. We hope you got to know how to disable or manage the Linksys guest access feature on your router. You can also choose the other method to configure the guest access feature. In case you come across any error while attempting to configure the settings, contact us, or chat with us. Our team of technical experts will ensure your issue is resolved in no time.